AREA OF PRACTICESHOW MORE
James Bedar is the Practice Group Leader of the Firm's U.S. Corporate Practice Group. He helps his clients build, grow, invest in, buy, sell, and protect companies of all sizes all over the world.
For over two decades, James has cultivated a diverse practice in areas including securities law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, board and special committee representation, internal investigations, corporate finance, and general corporate law.
James frequently serves as outside general counsel to his clients. He has worked extensively with both public and private operating companies, including portfolio companies of funds. He advises on:
- strategic business initiatives, including M&A activity, equity and debt financings, cross-border transactions, and joint ventures;
- day-to-day legal needs, including corporate compliance, commercial contracting, executive compensation, and litigation risk management; and
- investor-related issues, including stockholder activism, ESG issues, stockholder engagement, and nuanced controlling stockholder matters.
Boards of directors, special committees, and management teams turn to James for help with:
- negotiating sensitive, high-stakes business issues with their most important stakeholders;
- investigating whistleblower allegations; and
- navigating complex issues of corporate governance and fiduciary duties.
James regularly advises clients on complex securities matters and ongoing SEC compliance. In addition, he frequently counsels hedge funds and other constituencies about activist investing, distressed M&A, and other strategies.
James has broad-based experience in the M&A market and has represented clients in asset acquisitions and dispositions, stock deals, mergers, and other transactions in domestic and cross-border settings. James represents companies in a wide variety of industries, including manufacturing, SaaS, transportation, high technology, life sciences, real estate, gaming, and fashion.
James is recognized by The Legal 500 US for M&A: Middle-Market.
|Awards and Honors|
© 2021 Brown Rudnick LLP. Attorney Advertising