Turning good science into good business.
We are dedicated to the industry.
Brown Rudnick’s Global Life Sciences Group consists of a team of lawyers dedicated to the life sciences industry. Our team includes former biotech and healthcare executives and scientists who have a deep understanding of the life sciences landscape. We don’t just dabble in the life sciences. It’s all we do.
Companies trust us to provide practical business and legal advice that is rooted in our experience both as participants in the life sciences industry and as advisers to cutting-edge life sciences companies. We bring our collective experience and perspective to provide insightful analysis and advice focused on yielding practical results. We care as much about your business as you do, and it is a privilege to represent you.
We help turn good science into good business.
Members of our team have been involved with the leading life sciences companies for over 30 years. For example, Hologic, Inc. is a company we incorporated as a small startup. We continue to work with Hologic, Inc., which is today a multibillion-dollar market cap company. In addition, we created the foundational intellectual property for Exact Sciences that now underlies a successful noninvasive diagnostic test. Members of our team have also served as in-house executives at companies, including Boston Scientific, Helicos BioSciences, Watson Pharmaceuticals, and Chiron Vision. We understand the path to success in the industry.
Our teams worldwide have a cross-border focus and an integrated approach.
Our powerhouse London corporate team combines with our U.S. teams to provide an integrated perspective on cross-border transactions. Our relationships with financiers in London, Europe, and America and our connections across the industry allow us to engage as a specialty player on both sides of the Atlantic, allowing access to multiple markets, partners, and investors.
What have we done lately?
- Midatech Pharma PLC: Advised on a number of public and private equity offerings in the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Arix Bioscience: Advised on a £100-million IPO and the listing on the Main Market’s Standard Segment and on its £100-million secondary fundraising.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.: Advised on a series of equity investments in a U.K.-based diagnostics company.
- Selenium: Advised on the sale of strategic IP assets to DePuy Synthes / Johnson & Johnson.
- BioVersys: Advised on the acquisition of strategic assets in the United States and intellectual property licensing.
- ADC Therapeutics: Advised on early stage venture capital deals, numerous licensing deals, and the sale to a private equity buyer. Representing management in connection with the sale to a large pharmaceutical company; IPO follow on work and strategic licensing deals.
- Flaskworks LLC: Advised on the sale to Northwest Biotherapeutics.
- Travera: Advised on setting up investment facility; strategic IP and several transactions.