Brown Rudnick is proud to announce the next in our series of events celebrating inspirational and thought-provoking speakers, who will share their professional experiences and achievements.
At our next Women in Business event, we will be joined by Shelley Lawson, Co-Founder of award winning children’s bike brand Frog Bikes, who will speak about their growth story, the challenges of manufacturing in a pandemic, and Frog’s ambitions to decarbonise.
We are now in our 5th year of Brown Rudnick's Women in Business series, where we have asked inspirational speakers from various areas of business to speak about their careers or current business pursuits and challenges. The events are designed to promote diversity. The audience is predominantly business women, all with a variety of professional and/or legal backgrounds, but the events are open to all. The speakers have spoken on their lives and experiences in forging a successful path in their chosen career. We have had the pleasure of being joined by some excellent speakers since the series began in 2016, including:
- Kathryn Sargent - the first female tailor on Savile Row;
- Amber Rudd – while she was Home Secretary;
- Cressida Dick - Metropolitan Police Commissioner;
- Cath Kidston, MBE - English Fashion Designer;
- Whitney Hawkings - CEO, FLOWERBX;
- Karen Howes - Founder & Chief Executive, Taylor Howes Designs;
- Inga Beale, DBE - CEO, Lloyds of London
- Christina Blacklaws - President of the Law Society
- The Rt Hon. Dame Elizabeth Gloster DBE
- The Rt Hon. Lady Justice Sue Carr - Lady Justice of Appeal
- Deborah Meaden - Entrepreneur and "Dragons Den" investor
- Liz Abram - Coach and former military resistance trainer and linguist
- Amy Bell - Compliance Consultant and former Chair of the Law Society's Money Laundering Task Force
- Alexandra Wilson - Barrister and Author
- Elizabeth Barrett - Executive Counsel and Director of Enforcement at the Financial Reporting Council
- Emma Molvidson - Head of Compliance and Investigations, UBS Group
- The Baroness Jenkin of Kennington
- Patricia Lee Refo - President of the American Bar Association
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, all Women in Business events are currently held remotely using Webex.