Brown Rudnick is proud to announce the next in our series of events celebrating inspirational and thought-provoking speakers, who will share their professional experiences and achievements.
We will be joined by The European Ombudsman, Emily O'Reilly, who works with the institutions, agencies and bodies of the European Union to achieve the highest standard of administrative practices possible for the benefit of European citizens. She does so through addressing people's concerns voiced in complaints made to her office and on her own initiative through her strategic work. The Ombudsman believes that the European Union already has high administrative standards but continually needs to strive to set the 'gold standard' in terms of public administration and in its interaction with citizens. Therefore, she supports the institutions, bodies and agencies of the European Union through suggestions and recommendations on how to improve their work.
Emily will answer questions from Brown Rudnick’s Gerald Byrne and some questions from the audience. Due to ongoing concerns relating to Covid-19, this event will be held online.
Click here to join the event.
We are now in our 5th year of Brown Rudnick's Women in Business series, where we have asked inspirational speakers from various areas of business to speak about their careers or current business pursuits and challenges. The events are designed to promote diversity. The audience is predominantly business women, all with a variety of professional and/or legal backgrounds, but the events are open to all. The speakers have spoken on their lives and experiences in forging a successful path in their chosen career. We have had the pleasure of being joined by some excellent speakers since the series began in 2016, including:
- Patricia Lee Refo - president of the American Bar Association
- Kathryn Sargent - the first female tailor on Savile Row;
- Amber Rudd – while she was Home Secretary;
- Cressida Dick - Metropolitan Police Commissioner;
- Cath Kidston, MBE - English Fashion Designer;
- Whitney Hawkings - CEO, FLOWERBX;
- Karen Howes - Founder & Chief Executive, Taylor Howes Designs;
- Inga Beale, DBE - CEO, Lloyds of London
- Christina Blacklaws - President of the Law Society
- The Rt Hon. Dame Elizabeth Gloster DBE
- The Rt Hon. Lady Justice Sue Carr - Lady Justice of Appeal
- Deborah Meaden - Entrepreneur and "Dragons Den" investor
- Liz Abram - Coach and former military resistance trainer and linguist
- Amy Bell - Compliance Consultant and former Chair of the Law Society's Money Laundering Task Force
- Alexandra Wilson - Barrister and Author
- Elizabeth Barrett - Executive Counsel and Director of Enforcement at the Financial Reporting Council
- Emma Molvidson - Head of Compliance and Investigations, UBS Group
- The Baroness Jenkin of Kennington
- Patricia Lee Refo - President of the American Bar Association