The civil courts of England and Wales have the power to order searches of homes, offices and other locations by the claimant’s legal team.
Supervising solicitors are solicitors appointed by the court because they have experience in the execution of court orders such as search (Anton Piller) and doorstep delivery up orders ("DDO"). The supervising solicitor acts independently of the parties and serves the order on the respondent explaining its meaning and consequences and supervises the order being carried out by the applicant’s legal representatives. All steps taken during the search are:
- supervised by the supervising solicitor;
- carried out in the presence of the respondent and/or their solicitor;
- must be sanctioned by the court order;
- reported on to the court by the supervising solicitor.
The decision as to who to appoint as the supervising solicitor is therefore crucial. The working relationship they are able to build with the parties is extremely important and often assists in determining how efficiently and successfully search orders and DDOs are executed even in times of COVID-19.
Our unique practice involves regularly executing and/or responding to search orders and DDOs, and managing the complex legal, technical and practical issues that may arise during the course of executing these orders.
- Our litigators have over three decades of relevant experience in acting in injunction based litigation.
- We are able to quickly assemble a diverse experienced team to suit your particular needs, including where the respondent to a search order or DDO may be an unaccompanied female, and where children and vulnerable individuals may be present.
Awards and Accolades
"She will look after a case properly and shake it up until she gets a good result for her client." – Chambers & Partners UK
"An impressive lawyer who is resilient and finds an answer to everything – Chambers & Partners UK
“The best civil fraud litigator I know” – Chambers & Partners UK
"The best and brightest in the field” – Who’s Who Legal
“Stand out litigators” – Legal 500 UK
“’Dynamic and creative’ ... ‘fabulous intellect, credibility and command of law along with incredible strategic thinking and client-facing skills’” – Legal 500 UK
Named in The Times 2020 as one of the best law firms for commercial dispute resolution and financial crime & fraud & regulatory.
Legal 500 award winners in 2018 and again in 2019 for crime and civil fraud litigation.
Jane was listed as Asset Recovery Lawyer of the Year in the Who's Who Legal Awards 2020.