Brown Rudnick’s Women in Business Series: In Conversation with Emma Molvidson
Brown Rudnick is proud to announce the next in our series of events celebrating inspirational and thought-provoking speakers, who will share their professional experiences and achievements. In order to comply with Government advice, this event will take place via a Webex meeting.
Emma Molvidson heads Compliance and Investigations globally at UBS. She has an extensive legal background with over 20 year’s international experience with the last 17 years in financial services. Emma has held a variety of senior management positions at UBS over the past 10 years including Global Chief of Staff for the Investment Bank (IB) responsible for Strategy, Governance and Regulatory positioning for the IB globally, General Counsel for the IB, General Counsel for the regions Switzerland and EMEA UBS group and deputy General Counsel for Asset Management. Prior to joining UBS, Emma was at Swiss Re in a variety of roles over the years, including General Counsel for Financial Markets and Corporate Centre during the global financial crisis of 2007-2008. Emma has a law background from Norton Rose Fulbright, a private corporate finance law firm with offices in London and Paris. Emma's focus has always been on combing non-financial risk and regulatory experience with a proven track record of leading teams and delivering results in terms of high quality advice and support for the business whilst ensuring an efficient and cost effective operating model.
We are now going into our 5th year of Brown Rudnick's Women in Business series, where we have asked inspirational speakers from various areas of business to speak about their careers or current business pursuits and challenges. The events are designed to promote diversity.
The audience is predominantly business women, all with a variety of professional and/or legal backgrounds, but the events are open to all. The speakers have spoken on their lives and experiences in forging a successful path in their chosen career. We have had the pleasure of being joined by some excellent speakers since the series began in 2016, including:
- Kathryn Sargent - the first female tailor on Savile Row;
- Amber Rudd – while she was Home Secretary;
- Cressida Dick - Metropolitan Police Commissioner;
- Cath Kidston, MBE - English Fashion Designer;
- Whitney Hawkings - CEO, FLOWERBX;
- Karen Howes - Founder & Chief Executive, Taylor Howes Designs;
- Inga Beale, DBE - CEO, Lloyds of London
- Christina Blacklaws - President of the Law Society
- The Rt Hon. Dame Elizabeth Gloster DBE
- The Rt Hon. Lady Justice Sue Carr - Lady Justice of Appeal
- Deborah Meaden - Entrepreneur and "Dragons Den" investor
- Liz Abram - Coach and former military resistance trainer and linguist
- Amy Bell - Compliance Consultant and former Chair of the Law Society's Money Laundering Task Force
- Alexandra Wilson - Barrister and Author
- Elizabeth Barrett - Executive Counsel and Director of Enforcement at the Financial Reporting Council
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, all Women in Business events are currently held remotely using Webex.