Brown Rudnick Business Innovator Series Presents Cybersecurity: The New Business Imperative
Date: April 27, 2016
Location: The Pacific Club 4110 MacArthur Blvd, Newport Beach, CA 92660
Over the past several years, data breaches have come on thick and fast for organizations. With IP and sensitive data being the lifeblood of any organization, a single data breach can devastate an organization while leading to lasting legal and reputational issues. The multiple challenges posed by sophisticated cybersecurity threats demand an interdisciplinary approach and well aligned management, technical, legal and communications teams.
Brown Rudnick invites you to attend an insightful discussion of the evolving and complex data privacy and cybersecurity landscape. Discussion topics will include:
- Best practices for mitigating the threat of data breaches
- The effect of increased global regulation, enforcement and cross-border coordination
- New and increasingly complex corporate governance issues
- The impact of class action and other shareholder litigation
- The critical importance of a current and enterprise-wide response and communication plan
Discussion topics will be led by Steve Cook, Partner at Brown Rudnick, Scott Farrell, President of Global Corporate Communications at Golin, and Bryan Sartin, Director of RISK Team at Verizon and moderated by Bill Lockyer, Brown Rudnick Council and Former California State Treasurer and Attorney General.
DATE: Wednesday, April 27, 2016
TIME: 6 PM - 8 PM
PLACE: The Pacific Club 4110 MacArthur Blvd, Newport Beach, CA 92660
To RSVP to this event, please email EKrasowski@brownrudnick.com